- Import duties, sales taxes (vat) and other charges are not included in the item prices or in the shipping charges.
- These charges are under the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be, before buying.
- If you are not satisfied of your purchase, we accept return within 14 days for a full refund, less postage.
- Please look carefully to our pictures and read sizes and weight, because pictures are oversized to show lacks and values.
- We do not accept to undervalue our items.
- Please do not pay before receiving the final invoice including shipping fees.
- We’ll ship out of Europe purchases over euro 100,00 ONLY by FedEx courier. Insurance on demand.
- Our items are vintage or antique and will show signs of age.
- However we will point out any damage or fault.
- Please look at our pictures, they are extremely precise, but they are just pictures, so colors could change from monitor to monitor.
- If you have any doubt about colors, please call us or write to us for any information.
- Please email us for any questions or additional photos.
- Although the utmost care is taken with packing and dispatch; all items are sent at owner’s risk.
“Wedding Cake” Glass Beads Necklace
This necklace is composed of very special “wedding cake” beads, with the use of silver foil and golden “vetta”.
A much more difficult job than the habitual wedding cake. See “Ercole Moretti: a century of venetian beads” by G. Moretti, arcari editore, 2009. (it has to be specified that this type of beads has been done by various laboratories, and we cannot guarantee that this necklace comes from moretti factory).
It is composed of:
- 10 lenticular glass beads (diameter 16mm. to 12mm. thickness 8-9mm.)
- 21 round glass beads (diameter 15mm. to 8mm.)
This kind of work is quite fragile, and beads of over or around 100 years always show signs of wear.
Even if these are in fact in a overall good condition, there is some silver foil missing on two of the smaller beads and the golden vetta can have some minuscule nicks.
The gold beads are hand made, modern, and, with the clasp, the weight is 7.5grms.
All gold: 18kt
Period: end of 19th century, up to 1940.
Availability: 1 in stock