- Import duties, sales taxes (vat) and other charges are not included in the item prices or in the shipping charges.
- These charges are under the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be, before buying.
- If you are not satisfied of your purchase, we accept return within 14 days for a full refund, less postage.
- Please look carefully to our pictures and read sizes and weight, because pictures are oversized to show lacks and values.
- We do not accept to undervalue our items.
- Please do not pay before receiving the final invoice including shipping fees.
- We’ll ship out of Europe purchases over euro 100,00 ONLY by FedEx courier. Insurance on demand.
- Our items are vintage or antique and will show signs of age.
- However we will point out any damage or fault.
- Please look at our pictures, they are extremely precise, but they are just pictures, so colors could change from monitor to monitor.
- If you have any doubt about colors, please call us or write to us for any information.
- Please email us for any questions or additional photos.
- Although the utmost care is taken with packing and dispatch; all items are sent at owner’s risk.
Dian Culture Agate Bead China
Fine agate “nipple” bead from the Dian civilization.
This kind of bead was used as ornament in bronze belt buckles, as you can see in picture n.8.
See in “Dian”, by Candido A., Ciarla R., Negro P., catalogue of an exhibition on Dian culture of 1987, at page 70 there are four pictures of a bronze figurine wearing a belt with this buckle, and at page 101 there is a picture of a buckle mounting some similar beads.
This bead is also metioned in “Sparkling Splendours. Art of Ancient Chinese Carving on Rock Crystal and Agate. The Taoshi Zhai Collection.”, by Roger Chow, Art Media resources Ltd, N.York, USA, 2001. Page 106, picture 74.
The Dian Kingdom (Chinese: 滇國 or 滇王國) was established by the Dian people who lived around Lake Dian in northern Yunnan, China from the late Spring and Autumn Period until the Eastern Han Dynasty. (470 BCE – 220CE).
- diameter: 28mm.
- heigth: 12mm.
- weigth: 6,73grms.